Sunday, June 22, 2014

GM CASHMERES

Vie du Gran Norde (Life in the Great North), an Aline Honore design from 2004, was my first GMCS.

Brazil is a 1988 Toutsy design that's been re-issued in detail format (blowing out one section of the original design), and in mousseline and GMCS.


How well does my mother know me?  This was a birthday gift - Charmante aux Animaux (Animal Charmer), a 2010 Annie Faivre design.  Love the color, love the theme, love the contrasting hem!

Another Annie Faivre that makes me swoon is Au Fil du Carre (Google translate says this means 'over square' but something's getting lost there).  This was a 2011 issue, and even though I already had pink in the GMCS collection I couldn't resist the black horses.

Collection Equestre is a Benoit Pierre Emery design from 2010.  Unusual for me to go for just a two-color shawl but it's soooo gorgeous.

And even though navy was already in the collection of GMCS, I saw someone at the Charlotte boutique wearing this Geometrie Cretoise (Cretan Geometry - I must have a thing for that region) and HAD to have this Julia Abadie 2012 shawl.

At one point I had two colorways of Kantha, but let one go in favor of this neutral which goes with all things earth tone.


One of my more recent acquisitions is Pique Fleuri de Provence (Flowery Picnic in Provence), a 2013 Christine Henry design.

One of my biggest regrets is passing up a Forces de la Vie (another Christine Henry) PMCS in orange/blue at the Dallas boutique.  I've been looking for it ever since, but have only found this GM.